MGI 2023 AFL Footy Tipping Competition
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is MGI Golf, 9-11 Maurice Court, Nunawading VIC 3131 (ABN 59 006 140 101).
- Information regarding how to enter, how to claim and details of prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed to be acceptance of these conditions of entry.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents residing in Australia, 18 years and over.
- Winners must be aged 18 years at the time of the prize. Proof of age may be requested. If a prize winner is under this age at the time of the prize the prize will default to their parent or guardian.
- The MGI competition commences at 12:00am (AEST) on 28/02/2023 and closes 1 (one) hour before the kick-off of the final game in the final round of the 2023 AFL Home & Away season 27/08/2023.
- To enter, participants must register online by visiting https://www.footytips.com.au and following the link to the competition entry page here. All required fields must be completed.
- All entries must be received during the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- Entry into this competition is free. Any costs associated with accessing this competition are the responsibility of the participant.
- Points will be allocated by ESPN footytips as per their awarded points system.
- The competition ladder is sorted by scored points and then by results margin. (Margin is defined as the accrued weekly score difference for the specified games throughout the season.)
- Participants may only enter once during the Competition period.
- This competition can be entered at any stage throughout the season. Accrued points will be awarded to new participants based on year to date away game wins. The margin will be the average adjusted margin of all current tippers at the time of entry.
- The competition winner will be calculated at 3:00pm (AEDT) on the day after the final game in the final round of the competition. The entrant with the highest accumulated score for the competition will win the respective prize. Where 2 (two) or more entrants have the same number of points, the entrant with the lowest accumulated margin will be deemed the winner. The entrant with the second highest accumulated score for the competition will win the second respective prize. The entrant with the third highest accumulated score for the competition will win the third respective prize.
- Each eligible entrant who wins a prize based on finishing in the top 3 scorers will receive in order of merit:
1st place: MGI Zip X3
2nd place: Sureshot PINLOC 6000 iPM laser rangefinder
3rd place: MGI Lite-Play Golf Bag
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. If for any reason a prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another item for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. In the event whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by calculating the next highest score. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners of prizes will be notified by email and their names and State/Territory of residence published on the MGI Golf webpage and Facebook page on the day following the draw.
- At the Promoter's request, the prize winner must, and where relevant, must procure that the winner's companions, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
- The Promoter may require entrants to validate any one or all of their entries in the competition at any time during the competition prior to being eligible to claim a prize. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written directions of any relevant authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify all entries from any person, and prohibit that person's further participation in this competition, who tampers with, or benefits from any tampering with, the entry process or the operation of the game, acts in violation of these terms and conditions, acting in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- In the event of the winning prize not being accepted or claimed within 2 weeks of the competition conclusion, the relevant winner's entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to the second place participant.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this competition and/or any aspect of any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of the competition results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- This promotion is on no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.